As part of my research I want to explore the working relationship between production designers, directors and DoP (Director of Photography). I have already briefly mentioned William Chang’s frequent collaborations with Wong Kar-wai. Below is an article I wrote for the website The Culture Trip, which is a web-based company that aims to catalogue articles, books and films by country.
Below are some of the other articles I have previously written for The Culture Trip.
- Defining Cultural Identity – Taiwanese New Wave Cinema
- Lollywood: Turbulent History of Pakistani Cinema
- Dhallywood: Capturing the Turmoil of Bangladeshi History
- Framing Exile: A History of Tibetan Cinema
- Kollywood: The Films of Nepal
- Good Morning Luang Prabang and Laos’ Budding Film Industry
- Việt Kiều Cinema
- Beneath the Lion City: The Films of Eric Khoo
- New York on Film
- The Split Personality of California